Senior Adult's Ministry
"Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life." Proverbs 16 - 31
Senior Adults at FBC are some of the most active members of the church. Our 1st Tuesday Senior Adult Ministry Luncheons, Best Yet Nights, trips, and volunteer work are typical events on the monthly schedule of activities for this group. Come and get involved! The Senior Adult Ministry at FBC is a fellowship of friendly, caring and loving Seniors! We are anxious to meet and share with you all the many wonderful things God is doing in our midst!
The 1st Tuesday Lunch
This is an opportunity for our Senior Adults to enjoy one-on-one time with a member of the church staff. 1st Tuesday Lunch is an every other month event.
February 5...Lunch with Kirk Luecke at Spaghetti Warehouse Downtown. Depart at 10:30 a.m. from front parking lot.
April 2...Lunch with Bro. Jim at Babe’s Chicken in Garland.
June 4...Lunch with Latricia Walker at the Flying Fish in Firewheel.
Best Yet Nights
Especially favored are the Best Yet Nights, typically the last Thursday of the month, where the attendees enjoy a potluck dinner and special entertainment. If you would like more information on this active group of caring folks, contact our church office at 972.564.3357 or email Bro. Jerry Griffin.
- January 31 - Entertainment by Strings of Faith
- February 28 - Entertainment by Audience of One ladies ensemble
- March 28 - Entertainment by Western Swing Band
- April 25 - Entertainment by Brothers in Glory
- May 30 - Catered meal. Program by Dr. Shellie O’Neal, drama professor at Navarro College. A presentation in word and music of the life of Fannie Crosby.
- June 27...Entertainment by Willie Holt and Friends.
- July 25...Out to eat at Ole Whiskers. Depart church at 5:00 p.m.
- Aug. 29...Entertainment by Dave Washburn's Three-Quarter Fast Jazz Band
- Sept. 26...Entertainment by Forever Changed Men's Quartet
- Oct. 24...Entertainment by Steven and Melanie Braucht
- Dec....Catered meal. Entertainment by Ransomed Southern Gospel Trio.
Sunday Bible Study
Classes meet at 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Click here for a list of classes, locations, and teachers.
Trips & Other Events
Day to Remember at FBC Lancaster - January 22
Mark your calendars for January 22, 2013 and plan to join us! Event personalities include David Phelps, Jeanne Roberts, and Sandi Patty. Cost for the program and meal is $30. Bus will depart the church at 8:30 a.m. and return at 4:00 p.m. Sign up in the Church Office.
Kauf-Van Association Sr. Adult Rally - March 4
Monday, March 4 at First Baptist Church of Canton. Lunch served at 11:30 a.m. Cost is $8pp. Enjoy entertainment by Dr. Bill White. Bill has produced 4 country and 2 gospel CDs and is the nephew of country singer, Jim Reeves. In addition to his musical talent, Bill served as Pastor of FBC Oak Cliff and Ridgecrest Baptist Dallas.
Questions? Contact Lynne at 972.564.3357
Spring Trip…to Washington, D. C. April 9-13
Cost is $1390pp includes airfare; transportation; 4 nights hotel; breakfast; tours of National Monuments; Capitol; Ford Theater; Lincoln; Air & Space; and Am. History Smithsonian Museums; lunch cruise on Potomac; Mt. Vernon tour; and 2 dinners.
May 3, 2013,,,Tour of George W Bush Museum. Cost $16. Pay in the Church Office at sign up. Tickets are limited. We will depart FBC Parking Lot at 10:45 a.m. for HIGHLAND PARK CAFETERIA – lunch on your own cost. Museum tour time is 1:15 p.m. Return to FBC following Museum tour.
July 6...Patriotic Program details soon.
Sept 6... "Whats new downtown Dallas?" - FBC Dallas New campus, Perot Museum, Klyde Warren park
Sign up for all events in the Church Office. Questions? Contact Lynne at 972.564.3357
Weekly Activities Schedule
||Traditional Worship Service
Encounter Worship Service
Blended Worship Service
||Discipleship Classes or Evening Worship
||First Tuesday Lunch with staff member
||Best Yet Night: Potluck Fellowship Meal
- Touch Ministry (outreach)
- Craft time for ladies
- Golf outings for gentlemen
- Day Trips
- Senior Adult Trips (7 - 10 days)
Inquiries can be made through the church office at 972-564-3357.