First Baptist Academy
The First Baptist Academy Child Development Center is a ministry of First Baptist Church Forney with quality education based on the Word of God. FBA/CDC is state licensed and meets the standards of the TDFPS.
Purpose is to provide a safe learning environment for all children with trained teachers and loving parents working together to enrich the lives of our children through:
- God's Word
- Activities (promoting physical, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual development)
- Age appropriate curriculum
- Learning centers
Kindergarten Program Forming
First Baptist Academy is excited to announce that for the 2021-2022 school year we will be starting our first Kindergarten program. This program will have a state certified early childhood education teacher with a maximum of 12 students. The school year will follow the Forney ISD calendar and be Monday –Friday 8:30-2:30. Below are some additional details about the program:
• Students required to bring own lunch, however snacks will be provided by FBA
• Curriculum will be ABEKA
• Weekly Chapel Financial Costs: • $600/month, 9 months
• Enrollment Fee: $100, this is required to secure your spot
• Curriculum Fee: $100
• Supply Fee (for the year): $150
• Tuition is due by the 10th of each month
• Discounts: 10% discount if pay year in full; 5% discount if pay semester in full (Please note these are non-refundable, unless required military move)
• Before Care (7:00-8:30a): $20/Month
• After Care (2:30-5:30p): $40/Month
• Before & After school Care: $50/Month
• Before & After school care allows your child to come during FISD breaks
To find out more, attend our Open House on Thursday, July 15 at 6:00 p.m.
*Enrollment Fee is due ASAP to secure spot (cash or check only), if not received within 1 week of signing up your spot will be forfeited. **A minimum number of spots is required to have a successful program. If the minimum spots are not filled we will have to postpone the program. We will notify you by July and refund all money paid. ***Supply & Curriculum Fees are due in-full prior to the 1st day of school.
Please contact Heather Girdley at for more information.
Daycare hours are from 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. M-F.
Provide bus pickup at Claybon, Johnson, Henderson, Criswell, and Rhea. Bus leaves FBA at 7:00 a.m. After school pick up provided from same locations.
Questions? Contact the FBA at 972.564.1836.
Curriculum for all ages (toddler - Pre-K) is Abeka and ABC Jesus Loves Me:
- Bible based/Bible stories
- Learning games
- Language development
- Skills Development
School age Fun: (Summer)
- Kindergarten-4th grade
- Bible Based/Stories, Scripture
- Indoor/Outdoor activities
- Learning centers
- Large and Small groups
- Share time
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday from 7:00am-5:30pm. Year round.
Closed for major holidays. Follows FISD calendar.
We have several opportunities for employment. To find our more information and to apply, email Heather Girdley at or call 972-564-1836.
- Multiple full-time teaching/childcare positions.
Heather Girdley is the First Baptist Academy Director. Contact her at 972.564.1836 or email .
Lisa Chandler is the First Baptist Academy Assistant Director. Contact her at 972.564.1836 or email .