First Baptist Academy
The First Baptist Academy Child Development Center is a ministry of First Baptist Church Forney with quality education based on the Word of God. FBA/CDC is state licensed and meets the standards of the TDFPS.
Purpose is to provide a safe learning environment for all children with trained teachers and loving parents working together to enrich the lives of our children through:
- God's Word
- Activities (promoting physical, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual development)
- Age appropriate curriculum
- Learning centers
First Baptist Academy multiple positions:
- A part-time, licensed CDL Bus Driver for summer. A background check is required. If interested, contact Heather Girdley at or call 972.564.1836.
- Two full-time daycare positions. Experienced preferred. a background check is required. If interested, contact Heather Girdley at or call 972.564.1836.
First Baptist Academy is excited to announce that for the 2023-2024 school year we will be continuing our private Kindergarten program. This program will have a state certified early childhood education teacher who loves Jesus and wants to teach children about Him! There will be a maximum of 14 students.
The school year will be August – May, Monday – Friday from 8:00am-3:00pm.
Our school year will begin on Monday, August 14, 2023.
Below are some additional details about the program:
- Curriculum will be ABEKA
- Daily Bible lessons
- Weekly Chapel
- Weekly Music Class
- Weekly Spanish Class
- AM Snack, Lunch, and PM snack will be provided by FBA
- Weekly dance class (girls only) for an additional monthly fee
- Christmas Program
- Graduation Program
- Field Trips
- $650/month, 10 months (August – May)
- Enrollment Fee: $200, this is required to secure your spot
- Curriculum Fee (for the year): $100
- Supply Fee (for the year): $200
- Activity Fee (for the year): $150
- Tuition is late if not received by the 10th of each month
- Discounts: 10% for FBA and FBC staff children, 10% discount if pay year in full; 5% discount if pay semester in full (Please note these are non-refundable, unless required military move)
- Before Care (7:00-8:00): $20/Month
- After Care (3:00-5:30): $40/Month
- Before & After school Care: $50/Month
- Before & After school care allows your child to come to FBA to our schooler class when our Kindergarten program is closed.
*Enrollment Fee is due within 7 days of receiving invoice to secure spot.
**Supply, Curriculum, and Activity Fees are due in-full prior to the 1st day of school.
Please contact Heather Girdley at for more information.
Daycare hours are from 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. M-F. Year round.
Closed for major holidays.
Provide bus pickup at Claybon, Johnson, Henderson, Willett, and Rhea. Bus leaves FBA at 7:00 a.m. After school pick up provided from same locations.
Questions? Contact the FBA at 972.564.1836.
Curriculum for all ages (toddler - Pre-K) is:
- Bible based/Bible stories
- Learning games
- Language development
- Skills Development
School Age Fun: (Summer)
- Kindergarten-6th grade
- Bible Based/Stories, Scripture
- Indoor/Outdoor activities
- Learning centers
- Large and Small groups
- Share time
Costs and Fees:
- Enrollment: $100.00 (yearly) per child
- Supply Fee: $200.00 (yearly) per child (due August 2023)
- Curriculum Fee: $50.00 (yearly) per child (ages Toddler-Pre-K only) (due September 2023)
- Tuition: Infants $210.00 (FBC members) weekly per child; Infants; $230.00 (nonmembers of FBC) weekly per child
- Toddlers $190.00 (FBC members) weekly per child; $210.00 (nonmembers of FBC) weekly per child
- 2’s: $180.00 (FBC members) weekly per child; 2’s: $200.00 (nonmembers of FBC) weekly per child
- 3’s: $170.00 (FBC members) weekly per child; 3’s: $190.00 (nonmembers of FBC) weekly per child
- Pre-K: $160.00 (FBC members) weekly per child; Pre-K: $185.00 (nonmembers of FBC) weekly per child
- Schoolers: $100/week (school year) $150/week (summer + $400 activity fee for summer activities and field trips)
Heather Girdley is the First Baptist Academy Director. Contact her at 972.564.1836 or email .
Chelsie Cantrell is the First Baptist Academy Assistant Director. Contact her at 972.564.1836 or email .