First Baptist Academy
The First Baptist Academy Child Development Center is a ministry of First Baptist Church Forney with quality education based on the Word of God. FBA/CDC is state licensed and meets the standards of the TDFPS.
Purpose is to provide a safe learning environment for all children with trained teachers and loving parents working together to enrich the lives of our children through:
- God's Word
- Activities (promoting physical, social, emotional, cognitive and spiritual development)
- Age appropriate curriculum
- Learning centers
First Baptist Academy is excited to announce that for the 2022-2023 school year we will be continuing our private Kindergarten program. This program will have a state certified early childhood education teacher with a maximum of 14 students. The school year will be August – May, Monday – Friday from 8:00 am-3:00 pm.
Below are some additional details about the program:
• Curriculum will be ABEKA
• Weekly Chapel
• Weekly Music Class taught by a licensed music teacher
• AM Snack, Lunch, and PM snack will be provided by FBA
• Weekly dance class (girls only) for an additional monthly fee
• $650/month, 10 months
• Enrollment Fee: $100, this is required to secure your spot
• Curriculum Fee: $100
• Supply Fee (for the year): $150
• Tuition is late if not received by the 10th of each month
• Discounts: 10% for FBA and FBC staff children, 10% discount if pay year in full; 5% discount if pay semester in full (Please note these are non-refundable, unless required military move)
• Before Care (7:00-8:00): $20/Month
• After Care (3:00-5:30): $40/Month
• Before & After school Care: $50/Month
• Before & After school care allows your child to come to FBA all day when our Kindergarten program is closed.
*Enrollment Fee is due within 7 days of receiving invoice to secure spot.
**A minimum number of spots is required to have a successful program. If the minimum spots are not filled we will have to postpone the program. We will notify you by July and refund all money paid.
***Supply & Curriculum Fees are due in-full prior to the 1st day of school.
Please contact me at for more information.
If you would like to sign your child up, please fill out our registration form below:
*Enrollment Fee is due ASAP to secure spot (cash or check only), if not received within 1 week of signing up your spot will be forfeited. **A minimum number of spots is required to have a successful program. If the minimum spots are not filled we will have to postpone the program. We will notify you by July and refund all money paid. ***Supply & Curriculum Fees are due in-full prior to the 1st day of school.
Please contact Heather Girdley at for more information.
Daycare hours are from 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. M-F.
Provide bus pickup at Claybon, Johnson, Henderson, Criswell, and Rhea. Bus leaves FBA at 7:00 a.m. After school pick up provided from same locations.
Questions? Contact the FBA at 972.564.1836.
Curriculum for all ages (toddler - Pre-K) is Abeka and ABC Jesus Loves Me:
- Bible based/Bible stories
- Learning games
- Language development
- Skills Development
School age Fun: (Summer)
- Kindergarten-4th grade
- Bible Based/Stories, Scripture
- Indoor/Outdoor activities
- Learning centers
- Large and Small groups
- Share time
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday from 7:00am-5:30pm. Year round.
Closed for major holidays. Follows FISD calendar.
We have several opportunities for employment. To find our more information and to apply, email Heather Girdley at or call 972-564-1836.
- All positions are full at this time.
Heather Girdley is the First Baptist Academy Director. Contact her at 972.564.1836 or email .
Chelsie Cantrell is the First Baptist Academy Assistant Director. Contact her at 972.564.1836 or email .