Even after resuming in person, we will continue to offer Church Online. Services will be live streamed at times noted.
What we are doing
In-Person Worship on May 31 at 11 am only!
Doors open at 10:30 am for the 11:00 am Worship Service.
No registration required.
BUT...as with last week, there will be limitations.
• The service will feature a blended style of worship, followed by Bro. Jim's sermon series, "Adversity: Friend or Foe."
• Families will be seated together with proper spacing between each family unit.
• If you need to be seated in an area designated for 65+ or require disability access, please let them know at the door.
In-Person Worship Guidelines
Only those who feel comfortable resuming corporate worship should return at this time. We will stream the services on our website and Facebook for those who wish to worship online.
• Those who are at risk due to compromised health or age should continue to worship with us online.
• Please do not enter the building if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other COVID-19 symptoms; or, if you have had exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
• Our staff will serve as greeters.
• Masks are not required. However, if you feel you need the protection, then we recommend you wear one.
What to expect:
• Doors will open at 10:30 a.m. for the 11:00 a.m. service.
• Look for entry signs upon arrival. You may enter the Mall from the front or back parking areas. The Children's and Student Hall doors will be locked.
• Please exit the building as quickly as possible at the end of the service. Building access will be to the Worship Center only.
• No food or drink will be allowed or offered.
• No bulletins or handouts will be provided.
• Please, no handshaking or physical greeting of others.
• Please use hand sanitizer before entering. Our quantity is limited so bring your own, if able.
• Staff will assist families with seating to maintain proper distancing.
Please note at this time:
• All Bible study classes will continue online. We recommend you have your Zoom classes at 9 or 9:30 a.m. to allow those to attend or watch online.
• There will be no activities for children or students and no on-site childcare.
• You must worship as a family and sit together as a family. If your children are too young to remain seated or keep proper social distancing, please continue to worship with us from home.
For those of you who choose to continue online worship, the service will be live streamed on fbcforney.org and Facebook at 11:00 a.m. We hope you will continue to share our social media posts and invite everyone you know to worship online with First Baptist Forney.
Adult Bible Study Resources
Bible Study leaders are also looking into video conferencing opportunities to keep you plugged in with your groups. You will be contacted by your teacher if you haven't already. Below is a list of Video Conferencing resources that are free to use.
We understand your privacy and security when conducting Zoom meetings is important. Please see the link below for ways to keep your sessions secure.
We want to give you as many resources as we can to help during this unique, challenging time. Below is a link for some Free Bible Study Videos for Socially Distanced Groups from LifeWay.
Online Bible Studies from LifeWay Women
We are complying with all CDC recommendations, state and county mandates.
First Baptist Academy
We operate a day care facility (“Academy”) in the education building where we minister to children Monday through Friday. The Academy is cleaned and sanitized every day and the same CDC guidelines for organizations are being followed by our cleaning team in cleaning the Academy. Starting Monday March 16, 2020, the indoor play areas and soft play areas will be closed to the public to help protect the children attending the Academy. In the event the facility will need to close, all parents will be notified.
We want to help you
If you are in critical need during this time, we want to be able to assist you in any way that we can. Please click on the link to complete a short form and our staff will determine the best way that we can support you.
Maybe you are good on supplies but have prayer needs. Click on the link(s) to request prayer for yourself or others.
Other Prayer Request Options:
- Call 972-564-3357 and select prayer line option to leave a voicemail.
- Text “PRAY” to: 469-833-0018 if want a staff member to call you and pray.
What you can do
The CDC also provides guidelines for protecting yourself. You can find those steps at https://www.cdc.gov. We are asking that you wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer when handwashing is not readily available.
If you are not feeling well, have flu-like symptoms, or have been in the presence of someone who is ill, please stay home.
What to do in the days ahead
Times of trial and uncertainty are opportunities for the church to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Practice being a good neighbor. If you live next door or in close proximity to someone who is sick or in a high-risk group, ask what you can do to help. It could be as simple as running an errand or dropping of some food.
In the days to come there will be opportunities as a church and as Southern Baptists to help others locally, nationally, and to the ends of the earth. As always, your tithes and offerings are critical to being able to meet the needs of a hurting world. If you can, please continue to give using the link below. You can also give using the FBC Forney smartphone app. With confidence and joy, let us continue to be the church and a light during this time.