Upward Flag Football & Cheer
For Boys and Girls entering grades K5 through 6th Grade.
- 6 on 6 Flag Football League (for boys)
- Cheer for girls
- One practice a week with an 8 - game season
Upward Flag Football and Cheer provides a positive sports experience for every child and makes the most of your family's time and money. Children have fun, are encouraged, and are taught life lessons in addition to teaching fundamentals of the sport. Cost includes game day uniform.
For 2019 Season:
- Flag Football Early Registration: 6/1/2019 ($95.00)
- Flag Football Registration: 7/26/2019 ($105.00)
- Cheerleading Early Registration: 6/1/2019 ($95.00)
- Cheerleading Registration: 7/26/2019 ($105.00)
FB Forney partners with ROCKSOLID to provide soft-shell helmets to each player. ROCKSOLID’s mission is to protect the players and enhance the game. You will be able to rent the helmet at evaluations for $19.99 (must be returned at the end of the season) or purchase a helmet for $49.99. This is an additional cost after the registration fee.
Evaluations & Sizing
All players and cheerleaders must attend one. Cleats recommended.
- Saturday, July 13 at 10:30 a.m. in the gyms.
- Thursday, July 25 at 7:00 p.m. in the gyms.
- Saturday, July 27 at 10:30 a.m. in the gyms.
Enter Fitness Center main doors.
Practices begin Aug. 19 with games starting Sept. 7.
Your coach will contact you with your team's time and days. Season is 8 games. Games held on Saturdays.
September 2019 Schedules TBA
Contact: Greg Childress
Why flag football and cheerleading?
- 3.8 million children played organized football in the U.S. in 2004
- Cheerleading continues to grow at nearly a 50% rate each year nationally
- Nearly 3.6 million students participate in cheerleading annually
- 1.4 million cheerleaders are in the 6 to 11 year old age group
*source: 2004 Sports Participation in America Report, Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association
Why Upward Flag Football and Upward Cheerleading?
Football is a sport that many more children want to play, but are too young or not interested in the contact of tackle football. Upward Flag Football and Upward Cheerleading offer a break from the norm. The primary focus of Upward is to develop the Winner in EVERY child, not just a few. Upward Football and Cheerleading is offered by FBC Forney for eight weeks beginning in September.