Upward Flag Football & Cheer
For Boys and Girls entering grades K5 through 6th Grade.
- 6 on 6 Flag Football League (for boys)
- Cheer for girls
- One practice a week with an 8 - game season
Upward Flag Football and Cheer provides a positive sports experience for every child and makes the most of your family's time and money. Children have fun, are encouraged, and are taught life lessons in addition to teaching fundamentals of the sport. Cost includes game day uniform.
For 2020 Season: Registration begins June 1
- Practices begin the week of August 24.
- Games begin September 12 and end October 31.
Evaluation and Sizing dates: (must attend one)
- July 21 from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- July 25 from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
- August 1 from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
Price: $100 per child. Football Includes jersey, shorts, flag belt, wrist band, and end of year award. Cheer includes top, cheer skort, poms, hair bow and end of year award.
Contact: Greg Childress
Why flag football and cheerleading?
- 3.8 million children played organized football in the U.S. in 2004
- Cheerleading continues to grow at nearly a 50% rate each year nationally
- Nearly 3.6 million students participate in cheerleading annually
- 1.4 million cheerleaders are in the 6 to 11 year old age group
*source: 2004 Sports Participation in America Report, Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association
Why Upward Flag Football and Upward Cheerleading?
Football is a sport that many more children want to play, but are too young or not interested in the contact of tackle football. Upward Flag Football and Upward Cheerleading offer a break from the norm. The primary focus of Upward is to develop the Winner in EVERY child, not just a few. Upward Football and Cheerleading is offered by FBC Forney for eight weeks beginning in September.