Leagues & Camps
We offer several sports related opportunities throughout the year for children and adults.
We also off a full service Sports and Fitness Center for the community. Visit the Sports & Fitness Center page for more information.
High school basketball skills camp
Basketball skills camps for High School boys and girls led by Kobie Jefferson and Coach Jonathan. Kobie is a former North Forney basketball player and semi-pro player and certified skills coach. Come dressed to work and bring a ball. This is a great way to get ready for the upcoming season, put in some skillwork, and get some good runs!
Dates: Sept. 11 for HS Girls; Sept. 18 for HS Boys
Times: 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Location: First Baptist Forney Sports and Fitness Center; 1003 College Ave. | Forney, TX. (Fitness Center membership is not required.)
Cost: $25 per player to Venmo-@Kbjskillz or Casapp-$Kobiejefferson. Can also bring check or cash to camp.
Contact: Please sign up with Coach Kobie 214-477-3292 or Coach Jonathan 512-584-7876. Text your name and what grade you are going into this year.
praise 'n motion Dance
A Christian Dance Experience!
Classes are $60 monthly for girls ages 3 yrs - 2nd grade in the Fitness room above the gyms at First Baptist Forney.
- Offering Ballet, Tap Jazz & Dance Fit.
- Each class is a 55 minute combination of classes.
- Classes will be on Mondays from Sept. to May.
Classes are led by Ms. Melanie. Text 214-679-9070 or email for registration details.
Classes resume September 13, 2021.
men's basketball league
League has ended for the 2021 season. 2022 League will begin in March.
Where: First Baptist Forney Gym | Monday nights from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Cost: $50 per person includes jerseys
The league is a combination of good competition and great fellowship. You must attend FBC Forney for church or Sunday School at least twice a month in April and May to be eligible to play. If a player fails to attend twice in April, they are disqualified to play in May and will not receive a refund. Special circumstances may be discussed with Greg Childress.
- Players must be 16 by the date of the first game (April 5) to be eligible.
- The season will consist of 6 regular season games and then a single elimination tournament.
- You can register as a free agent or as part of a team (max 6 players registered together on same team). The league will add 2 to 4 free agents to each team. Each player will register and pay individually and select whether they are a free agent or core member of a team.
- Limit of 80 players in the league.
- Must pay online on the church website. You are not guaranteed a spot unless you have paid.
Adult CoEd Volleyball League
2021 League is now over. 2022 League will open in June.
6 VS 6 COED RULES
- Must be 16 years old to play
- The FBC Sports Ministry would like the Co-ed Volleyball League to be a useful outreach tool for our church members. We encourage FBC members on each team to work toward inviting one or two prospects who do not have a church home to be part of their team. The captain of each team must be a member of First Baptist Forney.
- Max of 12 on a roster
- Format is 6 ON 6 CO-ED. Must have at least 3 females on the court at all times if you have 6 players; at least 2 females if you have 5 players.
Sign up as part of a team or as an individual to be placed on a team. We are committed to helping unconnected people get on a team.
GAMES: All games played in the First Baptist Forney gyms from 6-10:00 p.m.
2021 pastors masters golf tournament
Thank you to all who played in our tournament to honor Dr. Jimmy Pritchard on Saturday, June 5. Congratulations to the winners: