Upward Flag Football & Cheer
For Boys and Girls entering grades K5 through 6th Grade.
- 6 on 6 Flag Football League (for boys and girls)
- Cheer for girls
- One practice a week with an 8 - game season
Upward Flag Football and Cheer provides a positive sports experience for every child and makes the most of your family's time and money. Children have fun, are encouraged, and are taught life lessons in addition to teaching fundamentals of the sport. Cost includes game day uniform.
2021 Registration Information
Practices begin the week of August 23
Games begin September 11
Registration is now closed for 2021-22 season.
Contact: Greg Childress
Why flag football and cheerleading?
- 3.8 million children played organized football in the U.S. in 2004
- Cheerleading continues to grow at nearly a 50% rate each year nationally
- Nearly 3.6 million students participate in cheerleading annually
- 1.4 million cheerleaders are in the 6 to 11 year old age group
*source: 2004 Sports Participation in America Report, Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association
Why Upward Flag Football and Upward Cheerleading?
Football is a sport that many more children want to play, but are too young or not interested in the contact of tackle football. Upward Flag Football and Upward Cheerleading offer a break from the norm. The primary focus of Upward is to develop the Winner in EVERY child, not just a few. Upward Football and Cheerleading is offered by FBC Forney for eight weeks beginning in September.