Senior Adult Ministry
"Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life." Proverbs 16:31
Senior Adults at First Baptist Forney are some of the most active members of the church. Our 1st Tuesday Senior Adult Ministry Luncheons, Best Yet Nights, trips, and volunteer work are typical events on the monthly schedule of activities for this group. Come and get involved! The Senior Adult Ministry at FBC is a fellowship of friendly, caring and loving Seniors! We are anxious to meet and share with you all the many wonderful things God is doing in our midst!
8:00 a.m. Bible Study
9:30 a.m. Blended Worship & Bible Study
11:00 a.m. Encounter Band-Led Contemporary Worship & Bible Study
Sunday Bible Study
Classes meet at 8:00 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Click below for a list of classes, locations, and teachers.
Join us for Mustang Creek Traditional Worship Service held on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Chapel. Led by Rev. Jerry Griffin.
1st Tuesday Lunch
This is an opportunity for our Senior Adults to enjoy one-on-one time with a member of the church staff. 1st Tuesday Lunch is an every other month event. Details in your Bible Study.
Best Yet Nights
Especially favored are the Best Yet Nights, typically the last Thursday of the month, where the attendees enjoy a potluck dinner and special entertainment.
- May 28: 6:30 pm Entertainment only; no meal. Program by Shannon Bunch. We will resume our Best Yet Night program on May 28, but will have to make some changes. There will be no meal. We will begin at 6:30 pm. We will comply with social distancing and will have someone to help you with seating. If you want to wear a mask, please feel free to do so. We love to greet each other with hand-shakes and hugs. But we must greet from a distance out of respect for the health of others.
Trips & Other Events
We are traveling to Niagara Falls and Toronto, Canada!
New Dates: Saturday - Sunday,
Sept. 12-20, 2020
Departure from First Baptist Forney at 8:00 a.m.
Cost: $729p. We have added a second bus! Still time to register.
- Motorcoach transportation
- 8 nights lodging including 4 consecutive nights in the Niagara Falls area
- 14 meals: 8 breakfasts and 6 dinners
- GUIDED TOURS OF NIAGARA FALLS & TORONTO
- A visit to Casa Loma; Canada's most magnificent castle
- A visit to NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE & QUEEN VICTORIA PARK
- A Journey to The Falls on a "HORNBLOWER NIAGARA CRUISE"
Click here for an informational brochure.
Silver Sneakers Fitness for Sr. Adults
Taught by Flisha Stewart: 224-499-1564.
FREE For Silver Sneakers members: $20 a month or $2.50 drop- in fee, for non-members. Living well past retirement is a blessing. A great part of this is having a fit lifestyle as an active older adult. This class offers fun fitness activities to increase stamina, endurance, strength, balance and range of motion. Come workout and fellowship with other older active adults. Classes are 45 min. Low to medium impact. Modifications to exercises will be provided.
M & W @ 10:30 a.m. in the fitness room.
Click here to register and scroll down to Silver Sneakers Fitness Class.
Rev. Jerry Griffin is our Senior Adult Pastor. Click here to email his assistant, Kara Watts.